My week on the internet….
- How My Daughter Became Wet Seal’s First Model with Down Syndrome at Jezebel – Work it, girl!
- Would Jesus be cool with keeping poor kids in orphanages? at The Very Worst Missionary – A couple of weeks ago I shared this post about the topic of “orphan” care. This week Jamie at TVWM follows up.
- How To Get Flat Abs, Have Amazing Sex And Rule The World in 8 Easy Steps at Thought Catalog – Real, life, practical advice.
- In which the world changer needs some balance at Sarah Bessey – A reminder of what’s important when it comes to impacting people and the world.
- Christians Turn Facebook Into Hatebook at Sarah Cunningham – “Love your neighbor as yourself,” still applies online, guys!
- Better when. at The Very Worst Missionary – I’ve been seeing this reminder of “I’ll be happy when…” or “it’ll be better when…” all over lately and I need this reminder every day. It’ll be better when I put God first and others second. Now is better!
- God Bless the Kindergarten Teachers, Each and Every One. at Trying not 2 Blink – Because everyone likes to be praised! And also because I only have my students in 30 minute chunks and it’s all kinds of crazy-fun-exhausting-rewarding-madness.
- “You’re a stay-at-home mom? What do you DO all day?” at The Matt Walsh Blog – For my stay-at-home mama friends who are doing a hard job really well and for the men in their lives who honor them out loud and in public.
- 29 Underrated Things About Being In Your Late Twenties at BuzzFeed – And early 20s apparently, because I could relate whole-heartedly to almost all of these.
- This 98-Year-Old Man Spent 13 Years Creating Remarkable Art in MS Paint at Wired – Look at this cook artist guy! I checked out his website and I want this one, just in case anyone needs any birthday/Christmas ideas.
I’m all caught up on Glee! Well, I still have to watch the Finn Hudson Tribute but I’m going to need some time to recover from that one, I just know it.
This week I’ve been (re)watching Scrubs on YouTube. They’ve got all the episodes on there! It’s a funny show.
- Percy Jackson and Olympians: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan – I’ve started in on this list and started off with a bang! I feel like I don’t really like this book but all I want to do is read it. So there’s that.
- Rethink Breast Cancer presents: Your Man Reminder by rethinkbreastcancer1 – Important stuff is much more fun to hear from a handsome man. Amiright?
- Lee Thomas, Lauracindy engage in epic beatbox battle at My Fox Detroit . com – I know that beatboxer! We went to high school together! She was on TV!
- Justin Chain ‘She’s Country’ The Voice USA 2013 Audition by AFazenda2013 – This guy is my favorite Voice contestant. I think he already sounds legit. Also I like his bow-legged bounce.
- Country Music Video Playlist by accesscountry – Justin Chain got me in a country mood and I’ve been YouTubing country playlists all week. This one was the best one I found (I think).
- Brad Paisley – Beat This Summer by BRADPAISLEYVEVO – Speaking of country music videos, this one by Brad Paisley is so so cute. I could watch country music videos all day. They are like little movies with a great one-song soundtrack!
General good finds: